Friday, February 8, 2013

Our Life: The Prodigal Son

Our Life: The Prodigal Son

I have been thinking a little bit lately about the story of the Prodigal Son. He in short takes all that his father has to give him and runs off and without any thought for the future or any regard for the teachings of his past "lives it up" as far as the world is concerned. But to what end? He uses it all until it is gone and learns the hard way that life isn't all about material goods. He is starving and alone while feeding swine for a living, when he decides to return to his father and family. When he is getting near to his childhood home his father sees him coming and runs to greet him! Oh the joy the father expresses at the return of his son. He gathers those around and celebrates his son's return. "For this my son was dead, and is alive again;" (Verse 24).

How many times do we do this exact same thing. We get a little freedom and go crazy with it and wind up in a place worse than we could have ever expected or guessed. I know that life is full of ups and downs and that we all have to face trials and tribulations, but let us be sure to return to our Father whenever we find ourselves away from His presence. Let us repent and repair and repay our debts to Him and our fellow men.  I know that as we come back to our Father in Heaven through his Son, Jesus Christ, that they are excited and happy to see us return (Luke 15:7). While it is best to avoid the sins and the troubles of this world, we all fall short in some area or another. I know that as we utilize the Savior's Atonement and draw near unto Him, that He will draw nearer to us (See James 4:8). I know that as I put my life in order through the trials and challenges of everyday that I will be sustained, lifted, and supported in my righteous desires and actions. I love my Savior and know that He cares about me. I wish for all to come unto Him and to know Him better than they do now. Myself included in that. I know that He lives. I know what I have is the truth. I know it.

The Prodigal Son: This is an amazing video. Enjoy!



The Savior will bless you as you return to Him. The road may be rough at times, but it will be well worth it in the end. I so testify in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment